The new consoles, mere days from release, are looking to be surprisingly powerful machines. If you’re like me, you enjoy the ease and comfort of a console, though I also have PC for its benefits as well.
That being said, Capcom recently updated the PlayStation Store page for Resident Evil Village, and it’s shaping up to be impressive in the console.
Listed Resident Evil Village PS5 Features
- Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village’s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K with Ray Tracing.
- Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
Some of these are to be expected. The haptic feedback is likely similar to the vibration feature already present in controllers, and faster loading is a given with the hardware in the machine.
That being said, true 4K and HDR are rare on consoles currently. To add to that, Ray Tracing is a HUGE deal, as it is even more rare. The effect this will have on the lighting is worth noting.
With such high visual fidelity, it’ll be the second console release from Capcom that uses this heavy tech, the first being Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition.
This means that Capcom has no intention of leaving consoles gamers in the lurch just yet. When the 2021 release rolls around, Resident Evil Village will stun no matter what.